Smoking impacts the speed and quality of recovery from injuries, illnesses and chronic conditions.
Studies indicate that current smokers have 44% fewer years of healthy life than individuals that have never smoked.
Smoking interferes with your physical therapy:
- Lowers oxygen transportation
- Decreases antioxidant vitamins and nutrients
- Leads to tissue damage and hinders tissue healing
- Suppresses your immune system
- Decreases balance and strength
- Decreases brain circulation
- Increases chronic pain