Avoid these common injuries of the season!
LOWER BACK –
- Take the pressure off your back when prepping for meals by placing one of your feet on a small foot stool.
- Avoid prolonged sitting. Get up for 1-2 minutes and that’s all your back needs to recuperate.
- Use smaller garbage cans for your guests and make taking out the trash easier and safer on your low back and shoulders.
- Avoid twisting when carrying heavier items such as laundry, dishes, turkey, groceries, etc. Keep them close to your body and do not twist or slouch. Check out our video for instructions on proper lifting.
FALL INJURIES –
- Use a wrist brace this season if traveling to a cold climate and you might avoid a visit to the emergency room. Wrist fractures are very high during this season due to slipping on ice!
- Remove clutter, rugs, and toys from the flood to avoid tripping and falling. Falls are at and all-time high during this season.
For more information on preventative measures you can take during the holidays, or for any physical therapy needs, please call!