What is kinesio taping?
Kinesio tape can be used to decrease pain and muscle fatigue, increase motion, facilitate or inhibit movement, and increase lymphatic flow. It can facilitate the natural healing process while providing support and stability without restricting range of motion. It can be used to improve posture, improve muscle contraction, reduce swelling, and reduce scar tissue.
What is the difference between Kinesio tape and other taping methods?
o Other taping methods:
- restrict the circulation so that the muscles do not get the blood flow they require
- restrict range of motion
- usually cannot be worn for 3-5 days as they usually trap moisture
- no rehabilitative gain or benefit is established
- not hypoallergenic
o Kinesio Tape
- does not restrict circulation so the muscle continues to get blood flow
- does not compress the muscle therefore does not restrict range of motion
- can be worn 3-5 days
- hypoallergenic, contains no latex
- can be used with all age groups
We treat using kinesiotape in the 34711 area! Call us today!